Wednesday 31 January 2007

My Computer's Fixed!

It's been a few weeks since me last post, but now my computer's fixed and I don't have to time share my mate's clapped out old lap top. So, quick update.

We installed a covert camera at Nana Moon's house. This took ages to get authorised because, even though we were putting it in a private residential address with the owner's permission I had to justify it in case we infringed somebody's right to privacy. Still, it was worth it because a couple of weeks later the scum bag came back and we got a cracking photo of him going into her house.

The next day we went and locked him up and he was good enough to get dressed in the same clothes and do his hair exactly the same way as in the photo. Now, how's that for the public cooperating with the Police? Partnership in action! Unfortunately CID were slightly less cooperative, but eventually they huffed and puffed their way into interview with him and now we're just waiting to hear what CPS have got to say about charging him.

I still have no staff to help lock up the other criminals though, and we've just been plodding along from one shift to the next doing our best. I've been told that I'll be getting some more staff at the end of March, but I won't hold my breath...

That said, everyone's still really chirpy around the nick. I'm lucky to work with a great bunch of people who genuinely care about what they do, even if there is the odd moan and gripe about some of the things people report to us.

No comments: