Wednesday 13 June 2007

I Sometimes Wonder Why We Bother

I was flicking through the other blogs I like reading earlier and saw this on 200 Weeks' blog.

The post itself is the normal top fair from 200, but I was drawn by one of the comments left below. Just in case I haven't put the link in properly above (which wouldn't be the first time) I'll cut and paste the comment here:

fuck all pigs says:

Great news as another Nazi pig gets put down. What a wonderful week it is now. shame the guy did not stick a few more Nazi pigs before they got him.

Someone should dig up the dirty pig cut off the baldheaded Nazi cunts head and stick it on a lamp post in luton town center, as a warning of what all pig scum should get for being a traitor to the man on the street.

and may may more of the scum follow this scum to an early grave in the most painful way possible.

every dead pig is a victory for the people.


I should apologise first for the language in the post. I thought it was worth people reading it in it's glorious entirety.

Now, given the poster's name is "Fuck All Pigs" (and assuming this isn't referring to their weird sex life) I'm going to assume this guy isn't our biggest fan.

I posted a comment on the blog too making a couple of generalisations about them based on what I've found during my career. They may be right, they may be wrong, and I guess I'll find out by what they reply, but here goes.

Firstly, some people aren't that keen on the Police because of some personal situation. Maybe we've let them down at some point (because, like everyone else, we sometimes make mistakes) or maybe it took us longer than we'd have liked to respond to a call due to the fact that there aren't that many of us.

Whatever the reason, I can normally sympathise with these people and try to do my best to make sure that their latest experience of the Police is a lot better. I'd get a lot of personal satisfaction if I knew that they had changed their opinion in some way because I'd put the effort in.

Then there's the person who HATES the Police. And they're normally quite vocal about it, shouting things like, "I hate the Police".

My normal response is then to ask how many times they've been arrested. The answer's normally somewhere between "several" and "lots".

You see, I've learned that the people who HATE the Police normally do so because we keep catching them breaking the law. And then locking them up for it.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've been accused of harassment because I've stopped the same person for the umpteenth time. ( I once searched the same heroin addict three times in the space of about two hours. The third time he accused me of harassment. I told him that I'd stop searching him when he stopped stealing things. I didn't see him in the town for a couple of months after that. Job done!)

They normally hate us because they're on bail and we do bail checks at midnight to make sure they're not out burgling people's houses. They don't hate us specifically for being on their doorstep; it's more to do with the fact that they can't commit crime because of it.

Then there's the person who hates the Police because all we do is spoil their fun. The fact that their fun involves causing a nuisance for everyone else (who has called us to complain) doesn't really come into their thinking. The bottom line is, in their eyes, they're doing nothing wrong and we're just facist pig baby killers who are agents of a Police State. (They like saying things like that. They once heard somebody else say it on some film or other and it makes them feel very "Che Guevara" to repeat it!)

This is a youtube video from a student "party" that was broken up by Police in Leeds recently. It's just one of loads. If you search under "hessle avenue raid" or similar you'll find lots of comments about The Police State on there.




It's impossible to reason with these people. They are always right and, though they love to spout on about free speech this only applies if you actually agree with them. If you don't agree, it's probably because you're a sexist, racist, facist pig.

The point behind this rather long-winded post is that, regardless of the crap we take from these people, regardless of the abuse they dish out at us, we still go running to their aid whenever they ask for it.

I mean, if they get jumped on their way home after a hard nights yoghurt eating and beanbag sitting who are they going to call? Their mate "Sundance", the committed pacifist? Nope, they're gonna dial 999 and expect us to get there as soon as possible.

I wonder what their reaction would be if we turned up and found some right wing idiot cleaning their boots on the callers face and we just said, "well, sir, this skinhead does have the right to express himself. I don't want to make him feel oppressed in any way." I'm bloody sure they'd be screaming for us to chuck him in the meat wagon, demanding we gave him a kicking.

So, to Fuck All Pigs and all of your like out there I've got this to say. I know you hate me, and I know that you're not going to change your mind any time soon. I also know that, when we meet, you're going to call me all the names under the Sun and treat me in a way that you'd never want to be treated yourself. I know all this, but still I'm here for you. The next time you're in the sh*t with nowhere else to turn, you know where to find me.

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's doing the rounds on all the police blogs, most notably Big fella's/One man & his plod & I'm afraid it made me so angry I couldn't help retorting, politely because I wasn't going to lower myself to his/her level. It makes me sick, truly sick to my stomach that they spout off like they do & then as soon as some minor issure in their lives crop up they call the police. I expressed on Big Fella's latest post comments that I was applying to the police later this year & was told that he/she hoped Id end up with all the other dead pigs, sooner rather than later! It really is pathetic & the lowest of the low.

Nearly all police blogs who have a post about PC Jonathan Henry have been targeted by this 'human' being. Good point well made Wee Man, that was more or less what I posted in reply to this 'human' being's comments.

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure this constitutes malicious communication, right?

Blogger and Blogspot's admins will assist with identifying him via his ISP.

The Thin Blue Line said...

Actually, Sayonara, good point.

That said, he's not exactly doing himself a service by putting his point across like that.

Thanks for reading.

Busy said...

I put his rantings on my blog too. People need to know just how low the lowest are.
Nice post.

Omega Mum said...

I think you're lovely and have blog-linked you on the strength of it. I think your comments are remarkably restrained in the circumstances. Sorry, you're the only man (bar two) in an otherwise all-female sea of mumsy type blogs, but come on over anyway for tea and scones.

Roses said...

Forgive me if I repeat what other people have said here, but Anon is appalling. It's difficult to believe that a person can be so malicious and have so much time on his hands that he can sit and paste such spite and drivel on people's websites.

Keep on doing what you do. There are those of us out here who support you wholeheartedly.

Anonymous said...

Agreed, this was a really good post. I start the job in 3 weeks, and hope i can stay as level-headed.

Twining says: said...

This chap has made it personal, apparantly he is hoping it's my turn soon. I have told him to come find me though. None of us need this. Not only that but he has cut and paste the comment about 80 times!

Charlie Lima said...

I can understand why our regular customers hate us. Any oportunity we get to lock them up/search them/Knock their door in the middle of the night we take it. But in my experience generally if you are 'tidy' with them they are 'tidy' with you they know its a game sometimes we win and catch them but mostly they win and they get away with it.

When the middle class, middle aged people hate us thats what I don't understand. I had one the other day have a right go at me in the street. He was one second away from coming in on a section 5 thats what I don't understand.

In my sector there are 30,000 students and they are a nightmare too. Our future doctors, lawyers etc. They don't even respect the law/police.

thoughts running through my head.... said...

I stopped reading that fools rantings after the first 2 words,waste of my eyesight.

I totally agree with Charlie Lima about the middle aged/middle class 'do-gooders' who waffle on about how bad police are,how this,how that etc how we should be out catching burglars,how dare we stop them.Whatever,they are the first to moan about crime yet they feel that an ill informed anti police rant makes them 'right on' or something?


BTW Charlie Lima,you should have nicked him,that would have given him something to rant about!I wont even start on students!(mind you,I was one once!)

Carlito86 said...

I have to say I was intriged by the youtube vid of the party broken upin leeds. I am from leeds and when this happened you should have seen the hoo-hah on local news - 20 minutes of scummy students moaning that the police broke it up?What did they want? To continue having the party all night - they got asked to break it up and didn't,what, were the police just going to stand there all night waiting for it to end? Aarrrgh. It pissed me off SO much.

Anonymous said...

Fuck All Pigs says

go fuck your self pig The day I would ever want any help from a pig is the day hell freezes over.

you wear you Nazi uniform you are the enemy of the people and deserve too die.

The Thin Blue Line said...

I chose to leave this comment on the blog because I think it gives a fair reflection of the type of person I'm talking about.

I'm going to suggest that, whatever it is you're studying (BTEC in Hollyoaks?) it's not history.

So, you want me to die? Honestly, I'm not that bothered. I've got very thick skin and I've been threatened by people far more convincing than you before. So my offer still stands, if you do need my help you know where I am.

Dark Side said...

he's probably only 15 years old and has an ASBO....lol...xx

Busy said...

I wish you'd all stop picking on my pet cuddles. It's not his fault he's a little bit simple you know.

Anonymous said...

ok you want too help me
then go put a loaded gun in you Nazi pig gob and pull the trigger.

The Thin Blue Line said...

Emma, don't knock ASBO's, it's probably the only qualification he'll ever get!

Busy', I know I shouldn't. He does seem a little bit simple. But that's OK, he can still be my friend.

Oh, and anon', pigs can't put guns in their mouths because they haven't got opposing thumbs.

Unknown said...

Maybe you should try that trick on yourself sometime, anon. I think that is a better idea, you scum.

Anonymous said...

Way to go sarge!! Ha ha. 'Anon' is one sick, sad individual. He's not worth getting worked up about, so I'm not going to bother replying directly to him. He's a waste of space and so replying to him would just be a waste of time.

Brilliant blog posting, TBL, and how true. The police do an amazing job and it's hard to believe they put up with such abuse yet they're still there when you need them. That's exactly the kind of thing I say when people are running them down (which is more often than not actually)..."so next time you're in an emergency and you need help what are you going to do then? What if the police just washed their hands of you and ignored you altogether? Who are you going to turn to then?" They never really have an answer, some say they'd phone their mates but what if their "mates" don't answer the phone? What if it's 3am and the "mate" in question is fast asleep and doesn't even hear the phone, let alone pick it up? And even if they did, what are they going to do about it? Police have back up, they have the equipment to deal with the situation, and they have authority. Let's face it, the public need the Police, whether they like it or not.

And let's not forget that police wouldn't be needed if people didn't commit crime. If you want to see less of the police then it might be worth considering obeying the law for a change.

I suspect 'anon' is just a deranged individual with mental health problems. Anon - if you're reading this, can I suggest you seek medical attention? You sure sound like you need it.

Reading comments like Anon's just makes me more determined to join the police force. If he thinks he's scaring coppers with his 'threats' and putting off potential police officers then he's got another think coming. Police recieve threats almost every day and I should imagine you learn to ignore them pretty quickly. They're usually all mouth anyway.

So, sorry to say this anon, but you have no effect on me whatsoever regarding joining the police force. No one in their right mind is going to take any notice of your comments except to briefly think what a sad loser you are and what a waste of space. This may not be a very politically correct thing to say but 'people' like yourself are the scum of the earth. I suggest you get a life instead of sitting at your computer 24/7 copying and pasting a load of crap onto any blog even remotely connected to the police.

TBL, you are an inspiration and your blog is brilliant. I hope I'm lucky enough to work with a Sergeant like yourself someday.

Take care.

Butters

The Thin Blue Line said...

Well done you Butters! Don't let his crazy talk put you off.

Anonymous said...

Have the PSD got you for the blog yet?

Unknown said...

Well said Butterfly! Good for you. He hasn't put me off either. You've definately got the right spirit.

Anonymous said...

No chance TBL! I'm certainly not going to take any notice of idiots like him. I couldn't care less what he thinks of me joining the police force. On your bike anon!! haha Thanks very much alexianna, it wasn't very well said in hindsight, more ranting and raving really but never mind, I think I got the point across regardless!! lol Glad to hear he hasn't put you off either alexianna, way to go!! I take it I can assume you're joining the police force then?

Butters :D

Anonymous said...

I second what Butters has said, it's people like that that make me more determined to get in to the force, congragulate yourself anon on making 2 more people even more decided than they already were to join the police. He really is very sad but I don't think I need to tell you that, something tells me you might have picked that up already! GND xx

Anonymous said...

Good for you GND! We'll show 'em!! Yes, congratulations anon...you have suceeded in making me even more determined to join the police (if that's actually possible...I was determined enough as it was! lol) and it looks like I'm not alone either, so that makes 2 of us. Go for it GND!! When are you applying by the way?

Yes, I think you could safely say most of us had gathered 'anon' is a somewhat sad individual to say the least!! I'd like to hear him repeat some of the disgusting things he's said on here face to face to a copper...hmmm could be interesting, that...! Something tells me he wouldn't be quite so brave then!! ;)

Butters xx

Unknown said...

Yes I'm joining up too, in a way. I've applied to become a special. And I'm really excited about it!

Anonymous said...

That's great alexianna, good for you!! =D I'm definitely joining the specials before becoming a regular, it's a good idea and proves you can be dedicated to the job without thinking of the wages too! haha Once again, well done you for applying to become a special! What stage are you at just now then?