Monday 21 May 2007

I Am A Bad Boy

We were on a lates weekend just gone, and it was another unbelievably busy one. On both Friday and Saturday night every single cell in the entire county was taken.

As a contingency, we normally take prisoners to the next county across when this happens. On Saturday their cells were all full up as well.

The team were absolutely knackered to the point that people were starting to snap at each other. We normally get on so well that this was a bit of a shock. I decided that something needed doing to relieve the tension and bring everybody back round with a few laughs.

So I grabbed the microphone for the Van P.A. system and played the Benny Hill theme tune over it from my mobile phone. It got a good reception from the punters and the team relaxed and started laughing together again.

And then I had that thought that happens far too much to be good for my career: "what if one of the people in this van is an undercover journalist".

So I should apologise now for any offence this one minor lapse may have caused.

And also for when I did the same thing playing the theme tunes to "The A-Team", "Airwolf", "Jim'll Fix It" and "Baywatch".

And also for doing that blue light run with the "Bad Boys" theme tune playing (we're not allowed to use sirens after 11pm).

And for when we coasted up behind the drunk bloke who looked like he was trying to mate with a tree and shouting "boo!"

For all these things I am very sorry.

4 comments:

Dark Side said...

Excellent post, made me laugh out loud, can just imagine you hitting the town here with baywatch blazing out...

I do however have to question your choice of ringtones.....lol..xx

thoughts running through my head.... said...

what van doesnt play the bad boys theme toon?should totally just have that instead of sirens!

Anonymous said...

Wee Man, you make me smile. i must visit more often.

The Thin Blue Line said...

Hiya m'. It's good to see people from the Forum on here. Hope you enjoy!