Monday 21 May 2007

Things That Made Me Smile This Weekend

1. Gross misuse of the van P.A. system (see "Bad Boy" post)
2. The drunk fella who, for some reason, decided to run away from our van. Whilst looking at us rather than where he was going. And ran into a garden wall.
3. Catching 2 burglars in the act at a caravan park. Then finding out that they were there to get their legs over with the woman who lives there.
4. Watching middle aged "larger" ladies trying to negotiate a road barrier rather than use the subway outside a night club. "Look, they bounce!"
5. The whole van crew doing the dance to "Tales Of The Unexpected" whilst singing the theme tune. "La, la, la, lalala, la la la".
6. Helping the "vulnerable misper" (who turned out to be a really funny and nice alcoholic) find their way back home.
7. Going to a fight outside another kebab shop, very quickly getting bored of listening to two sets of abusive, drunken, aggressive idiots and just arresting everybody.
8. Watching a 15 year old drunken halfwit tell a Police Officer "You can't nick me. You haven't got the right!" And then being proved wrong in the best possible way.
9. Having a conversation with a paramedic crew that got interrupted. But bumping into them later to carry it on. This happened about four times and by the end we had more or less finished what we had to say. (All our local paramedics are fantastic company, very pleasant and funny people. But tend to be covered in blood a bit too much for my liking).
10. Overhearing the following conversation with a particularly annoying (and definately uninjured) buffoon:
Buffoon: "I've been assaulted"
PC: "Oh"
Buffoon: "I said, I've been assaulted"
PC: "Yes, I heard. Thanks for telling me"
Buffoon: "Well what are you going to do about it?"
PC: "Nothing"
Buffoon (indignant): "Why?"
PC: "Because I don't care"
Buffoon (now deflated): "............."
Buffoon walks away...

5 comments:

Dark Side said...

4. Watching middle aged "larger" ladies trying to negotiate a road barrier rather than use the subway outside a night club. "Look, they bounce!"

++++++

Must admit I have attempted this one myself on a few occassions.

My favourite used to be getting my leg over the top of the old style parking meters...lol..fortunately I have long legs but after a managing a couple I usually ended up on my arse....drink!!! the evil!!! xx

Anonymous said...

You've given me very unpleasant mental visions with that post, the cause being number 4. Can't have been a nice sight but I bet it was amusing! Amusing with a tinge of scariness if they start cracking onto you though, lol.
& as for the 'tales of the unexpected' dance, it's making me smile just imagining it!

thoughts running through my head.... said...

I love your lists!

1-have done something similar myself,involving the local 'yoot'
8-always good for a laugh!

maneatingcheesesandwich said...

A lovely set of posts, fair warmed the cockles of my heart. Must go now, there's a beer with my name on it.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant again!! I think I've laughed too much though... :(

The conversation between the buffoon and the PC was absolutely hilarious!

I must stop laughing now. :O

Rachel