Wednesday 16 May 2007

Police Blogs

I've just been skimming through some news stories on the internet about Police officers (amongst other emergency service staff) getting squarely in the poo for writing blogs.

Apparently, the bosses are worried that we might create an unfavourable impression upon the public. This is a quote from a press release from the Met' stating that we should "consider the impact of expressing views and opinions that...bring the organisation into disrepute".

Ah, right. I wouldn't want to bring the Police into disrepute. I'm actually under qualified to do so. So I'll be leaving that to the Home Office and Senior Management who keep coming up with hair brained ideas specifically designed to annoy and alienate most decent, hard working and law abiding people.

Here's a deal, and anybody from ACPO or the Home Office can leave a comment on the blog which I'm happy to reply to:

I promise to stop blogging when you promise to stop buggering up the Police Service that I'm proud to be a member of. I stop writing on here when you stop imposing some (let's face it) really stupid regulations and legislation on my and the people I serve.

I'll not hold my breath though, eh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"the bosses are worried that we might create an unfavourable impression upon the public."

I discovered this blog today, and so far you're not creating an unfavourable impression on me!

The Thin Blue Line said...

ha ha, thanks.
i'll be using you as a reference then at my disciplinary hearing!
thanks for reading.